Week 2 esta terminado.
Here’s what I had set out to do and rough scorecard:
- ✅Write up highlights from No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention by Reed Hastings (2 points)
- ✍ Writeup
- ✅🎓Ethereum learning. Go through all of ethhub.io, district0x’s “Understanding Ethereum”, and the ETH 2 upgrade page and write up notes. (15 points)
- ✍ Writeup
- 🥴 Progress on setting up a validator node for the ETH 2.0 network. Working on this with my brother ♥. Gotta do this carefully so many not get to completion by the end of this week, but I commit to spending 10 hours on it. (10 points)
- Spent about 5 hours on this. We are syncing our node but unsure how to check progress and understand if we need to up the hardware. Blocked on community responses.
Despite broadly doing what I set to do, the week didn’t feel great. I probably made a mistake not following a course on Ethereum (I did discover an OK one on Sunday…) would have helped me focus and better track progress. I got distracted, for instance spending all of Tuesday writing a post on Crypto’s Environmental Cost, and spending too much time on the Twitter fallout.
I also spent some time on crypto investments, rebalancing, doing my first options trade and short (Cardano) which was pretty interesting. 🤞
Week 3 Commitments
Time to switch onto a new theme: sustainability.
- 🎓 (🇫🇷) Jean-Marc Jancovici’s course: Energy in the 21st century
- Spend 25 hours on it. Should get it over the line including notes.
- 25 points
- 📗 How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need by Bill Gates
- Start reading it, spend couple of hours on it. Wrap up, notes & discussions will carry over into week 4
- 3 points