Thanks for stopping by.
My name is Ernest Oppetit, I'm a product manager and generally curious guy based in London.
I use this site to…
1) Write evolving lists 📝
Lists of recommendations, learnings, things I find personally useful to keep track of - all in the hope that they are helpful to others and can spark a conversation.
- Career Advice: mostly things I've figured out first hand by making mistakes.
- Climate Pragmatists: people, organisations, companies, that are pragmatically helping us understand and tackle climate change.
- Productivity Tips my hall of fame productivity tips and learnings, hardened by hours of procrastination-induced self-hate…
2) Write blog posts 📢
Posts to say things that I don't think are being said enough, or at all, or to have a target for my own research into a topic (writing to learn better).
- Autonomous Vehicles and the end of Privacy: why I think that everything, everywhere, will soon be continuously recorded and uploaded to the internet, and what the implications are.
- We Need to Start Celebrating our Progress on Climate Change: why I think the dominant narrative around climate change today is unhelpful
- First Principles Entrepreneurship, à la Elon: a celebration of vision-first companies
3) Keep content on my own terms 🕊
By running this site myself, instead of keeping my content on an existing blogging platform, I'm not at the mercy of them if they shut down / change their pricing / lock me out / start tracking data I don't want to track, etc.
Stay up to date 📩
When there is significant new content, which will likely be very rarely, I'll send out a short email outlining it to this mailing list:
For more regular views, you can find me on Twitter which I'm quite addicted to…
Hope you learn something interesting on here - don't hesitate to leave a comment with your thoughts or suggestions. Also don't hesitate to get in touch.
Have a nice day,